zondag 2 april 2017

Capture the moment!

Welcome to my blog. Today I like to share my latest layout "Capture the moment."



Saw this gorgeous rusty vintage moodboard and immediately I thought of an old photography I have of James Dean.


And I also joined the rusty challenge of country view, with my layout; http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.de/2017/04/april-2017-rust.html

Let me tell you how I have made this layout step by step!
Found 3 different and gorgeous pieces of paper, because I couldn't choose one of them I decided to use all 3 of them. Tore the paper into different sizes of strips and layered them on the woodenboards. I gave the pieces some rusty edges with some brown ink, before I glued them together. Found this gorgeous crackle stencil of Finnabair/Prima and added some turquoise embossing cremé on my layout through the stencil. On top of the embossing cremé I added some rust, copper rust and oxyd to age it. Love the outcome so much, that I did the same to with my gears, also with my cardboard clock with gears and on the chipboard "Capture the moment". 
Before I start to build my layers of paper on my layout, I splashed around with to different colors of Glimmer Mist and with some gesso. So while it was still drying I started out with my layers, put ink on the edges to give it this old vintage feeling to it. And also stapled some pieces paper together. Found some old tags/card of Tim Holtz in my stash and they are just perfect to this layout. It's the pointing hand/vinger, the big pertrol score card and the little tag under the picture. I finished the whole with adding the gears, chipboard, tags, etc to it. 

Material I used:
  • Paper of Craft Sensations - Woodenboards, Harlequin squares and Metal typewriter letters
  • Finnabair/Prima "Crackle" Stencil
  • Gesso
  • Viva Rusty
  • Viva Rusty Patina Oxyd and Copper Rust
  • Viva Embossing cremé turquoise
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice stone and Rusty Hinge
  • Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Bahama Blue and Antique Brass
  • Scrapiniec Chipboard "Capture the moment"
  • Tim Holtz cards and tags
  • Some gears
  • Tape with text
  •  Metal stars
  •  Staples


Here some close-ups of my layout:










Hope you got inspired to make something beautiful and with a vintage feeling to it. 

Thank you for stepping by and have a nice day!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. so many gorgeous details, such an inspiration! <3 <3 great mood board!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is beautiful ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Gorgeous rust, texture and colours. A superb Vintage piece! Thanks for showing us at Country View Challenges.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen